Monday, July 26, 2010

Fabric Stash

I recently came upon a blog, Sewing in No mans land. Its from a small island of Dili in Northern Australia. The woman behind the blog, Kelly, tells about them moving every two years because of working as diplomats. She had to take only 15 yards of fabric with her and her machine and when that runs out she can only use what people send to her or when she buys when she gets back to the states. Fabric is very hard to get over there. So she asks if you want to donate fabric she will make some goodies for the children over there that are in orphanges. Its a very low income area that they are living in.

Here's a pic of the fabric I will be sending over to her. I hope it fits on one box! She said it will take about 4 weeks to get to her.




I can't wait to see what she makes. If you want to donate, check out her blog. I'm sure she would appreciate anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment